Today's Thought (s)

Never ever for the sake of peace and quiet deny your own experience.

Live the life you love.

As you get older, you really just want to be surrounded by good people; people who are good for you, good to you, and good for your soul.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Blinded By The Tooth


Some people have taken the term "dazzingly white" to terrible extremes; to the extent that my eyes smart on a regular basis.  Granted, I do have naturally white teeth, for which I am glad, but if I were in the market for whiter teeth, I like to think that I would not assume that getting them whitened to within an inch of their healthy enamel would be the way to go.

I remember reading someplace that when wearing a white shirt, choose a shade of white (yes, white comes in different levels of gradations) that is no whiter than the whites of your eyes -- kind of forgets about those whose eyes are closer to yellow...we'll attack that on another day.  So if you should choose a white shirt that is no whiter than that of your eyes, I'm suggesting that all of you who want to whiten your teeth (no judgment, here) adhere to the same maxim.

Question:  Do dentists charge more for the truly unnaturally (and scarily) white they make your teeth?  Look, save yourself a few duckets and buy Crest Whitestrips. Not only will you not have to sell your children/pets/spouse/siblings/parents... to pay the dentist, but you will look so much more attractive when your teeth aren't blinding people like a 3,000 watt halogen spotlight.

I've been asking the air around me this question about this obsessive teeth whitening for quite some time, and I guess the tipping point that engendered this piece of my opinion was seeing Chris Cuomo's (CNN) super-white choppers this morning. After shading my eyes, myself asked me "when is white too white?" so I thought I'd just put it out there.  Yes, there are more serious  issues going on in the world, but sometimes things get stuck in my head and they just scream to get out.  I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Happy and healthy smiles to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping the dialogue going.