Today's Thought (s)

Never ever for the sake of peace and quiet deny your own experience.

Live the life you love.

As you get older, you really just want to be surrounded by good people; people who are good for you, good to you, and good for your soul.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Can a Little Twerk Fight a Lupus Flare?


Okay. Yesterday's blogpost might have been a little bit of a downer, but...it is what it is. However, my grandson (@AlvintheBlessin) is fond of the saying, "It is what it is, but it can be what you make it." Another smart one in my line of descendants, yes?

So. Today, I am relying on my "Go To," which is music and dancing.  I am a total freak over www.rhapsody.com and have created some playlists that get me in the groove and past the dark and twisty place. I might have trouble walking in a straight line or driving my car without crashing into a tree (yes, I actually did that), but my music can take me to a place where Lupus is far in the background of my life, and my body exists and moves in its own Dance Galaxy. Isn't that exciting and amazing?!  Now I can't see myself when I'm in my Dance Galaxy, so don't know if I look like a puppet from one of Stephen King's imaginings, but  it makes me happy, so I'm gonna keep doing it for as long as I can.  It's nice to have a place to go when the world looks so very bleak. So for today, let's dance! Twerk, Monkey, ShingaLing, Krump, Mashed Potatoes, whatever floats your boat. Just do what makes you feel good.

My very favorites right now:  Return of the Mack by Mark Morrison *****
                                                Jump by Carmen Ejogo
                                                Stay With Me by Sam Smith
                                                Wanna Be on Your Mind by Valerie June 
                                                 Cleo's Back by Jr. Walker and the Allstars
                                                 Let's Dance by Chris Montez
                                                 Groovin' by The Young Rascals

As you know, I cannot dance on and on physically, but in my head, my energy is completely limitless and I can dance on into infinity.  Glorious!

You are invited...the dance floor is ready and waiting!

Go well, and stay fabulous!
                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping the dialogue going.