Today's Thought (s)

Never ever for the sake of peace and quiet deny your own experience.

Live the life you love.

As you get older, you really just want to be surrounded by good people; people who are good for you, good to you, and good for your soul.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Shadows of Yesterday and Frames of Today

Good memories are evoking such nostalgia in me today.

I just spent an extra-long weekend with my grandson in Boston, and it was such a wonderful time.  His squeal of "Nana!!" and the way his eyes lit up when he saw me at the door sent me over the moon. Of course, he had to pull out every toy that he loves to show to his Nana and he was going like a train engine right up until he just dove into sleep, seemingly while he was still talking.  Would that the visit could have been much, much longer.  It feels so good to be wrapped in a child's love -- love from a child has such a special quality, doesn't it? It is as clear as good crystal and as pure a water from a mountain stream. 

The reason for the visit was to celebrate the 40th (!) birthday of my youngest.  My fabulous
daughter-in-law was throwing her wonderful husband a surprise birthday party, and his dad and I were part of the surprise.  I was taken back to the day he was born and the amazing reality of how time passes at warp speed. 

If you have young ones, hold tightly to the memories that you are creating.  Capture them on film (not just with your iPhone or digital camera), and allow them to embed deeply within the recesses of your brain. Open your heart as widely as possible and remind yourself that time is fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping the dialogue going.