Today's Thought (s)

Never ever for the sake of peace and quiet deny your own experience.

Live the life you love.

As you get older, you really just want to be surrounded by good people; people who are good for you, good to you, and good for your soul.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Chasing Lupus with Chemo


  And so it begins...  I knew exactly when those six tiny pills entered my bloodstream -- I felt a jolt like slamming into a tree.  Next came lightheadedness and feeling that I was totally out of my body.  I was tempted to take to my bed or at least my recliner, but that little voice told me to do my best to function in a normal manner, so I sat down at my desk and worked on my novel.  It was a bit difficult to settle into writing at first because my mind was juttering around, but I determined that I would adhere to my normal routine as much as possible.  Later, I even worked in my garden for awhile since it was such a very beautiful day.

I expected to be bent over the toilet bowl, but I am already married to ginger products because of my "sensitive" digestive tract and I decided that I needed to step it up.  I did very well until a couple of hours ago when I had to make sure I remained very close to the porcelain throne because I feel as though I'm about to upchuck stuff I digested last week.  I'm on my way to make more ginger tea because I'm afraid to go to bed -- just changed the sheets today and don't want to soil them with already digested food and beverage items.

Methotrexate is administered weekly and I'm looking forward to a better experience than previously (by the time I started feeling human again, it was time for another dose), but I'm off to an inauspicious beginning; however, if I can get my Life back on track, it will have been worth it!

Off for ginger preparation.  Hope you enjoy a wonderful slumber tonight.

Be well.

"simple pleasures feed the soul"
--------Flavia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping the dialogue going.