Today's Thought (s)

Never ever for the sake of peace and quiet deny your own experience.

Live the life you love.

As you get older, you really just want to be surrounded by good people; people who are good for you, good to you, and good for your soul.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Keeping Your Style

Hmmm. I subscribe to a number of magazines, Instyle being one of my favorites, but I must pan the August issue, which is something I haven't done in quite a while.

This particular issue is just TOTALLY lacking. Olivia Wilde is gorgeous, as she always is, but even having her on the cover and an inside feature on her couldn't save this issue. Instyle editors, you fell asleep on the job. Hope you got lots of rest and are ready to bring it for the September issue.

Now, I know that I don't need a magazine to tell me how to get my Style on, but Instyle  Mag is a fun publication and I do enjoy it, even though I have come to realize that I only recognize one-fifth of the "famous" people they put in the pages. Yeahh, I know that I am probably not in their target audience, but folks need to realize that true style and elegance is ageless. So, show me some Cicely Tyson; some Judi Dench; some Denzel Washington; some Sidney Poitier. Believe it or not, those titans are still relevant to a great many of us. Heck, I might even want to know how R2D2 is styling these days! (Shoutout to uber Star Trek fan,  Nancy Curtis!!)

Alright, I do have a great tip for you regarding mascara: "They're Real" mascara, by Benefit is a smashingly great product. You don't need to spend fifteen minutes trying to get you eyes to pop. If you only have two seconds to hit your eyelashes up, this is the product that you want to use. Yes, I know that the so-called  make-up artists to the stars swear by Maybelline's Great Lash, but let me tell you that Great Lash ain't got nothing on They're Real. It costs a little more, but hey, you get what you pay for, right?

That's all for now, Folks. Create yourself some fabulous moments to replay down the line.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping the dialogue going.