Today's Thought (s)

Never ever for the sake of peace and quiet deny your own experience.

Live the life you love.

As you get older, you really just want to be surrounded by good people; people who are good for you, good to you, and good for your soul.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Made in the USA?

Wow, what a concept..."Made in America."

Walmart has figured out that it's a good thing when Americans can purchase products that are produced here on our own soil. Supporting sellers whose products are made here at home will help our economy to grow because, guess what? In order for something to be produced, someone has to be employed in order to get the job done. Now, just ain't that peachy?!

It is very difficult to find products that are made in the USA, and it's difficult to acquire the habit of checking origin of manufacture, but I'm doing my very best at it in order to help Americans get back to work. Sometimes, what is cheapest is more expensive in the long run; and now is one of those times when we need to look at the long game.

Last year, I stopped shopping from my favorite catalogs (AARGH!) because 99% of their clothing were "imported." I wrote each of them a letter -- snail mail -- explaining exactly why I would no longer be spending my money with them, and asked to be removed from their mailing lists.  I know that they heard me because I received no further catalogs, but not ONE SOLITARY WORD in defense of their choice to not provide their customers with the option to buy American-made products.

Hear me loud and clear, please. I bear no ill will toward China or other countries, republics, etc.; but I strongly believe in a strong American economy, which requires j-o-b-s.

We don't need to look to the Government to create jobs. Corporations paying less than subsistence wages to those in other countries who are hungry for any amount, are the ones who need to step up to the plate and behave responsibly to their fellow human beings.  Those CEOs can choose to buy one less plane or yacht, and pay a living wage to an American who wants to work and produce a great product.  Then, invest in the global economy in a real way by working to elevate the living and working conditions across the globe. Heart payment often translates to bank account growth. Remember:  To whom much is given, much is required.

I eagerly look forward to the day when I am not surprised to find an item that states, "Made in USA."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping the dialogue going.